Second student falls fatally from the Towers on Franklin

Police have identified the VCU student who fell to her death from the 17th floor of the Towers on Franklin last Thursday.

Emma Pascal, 19, of Fairfax County, Virginia was pronounced dead just before 2:30 p.m. on Oct. 13, according to police. Pascal was a freshman in the arts foundation program.

A spokesperson for the rental company said Pascal was not a resident at the Towers on Franklin.

Pascal is the second freshman in two months who passed away from a fatal fall at the Towers on Franklin. Building resident Jordan Bowman, 18, fell to her death on Sept. 10 around 3 a.m.

“We are deeply saddened by the deaths that have occurred at Towers on Franklin and our thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of the victims,” said a Towers of Franklin spokesperson in a statement to CBS 6.

Police do not suspect foul play in either incident.

“The VCU family is saddened by the loss of Emma Pascal and offer our condolences to her family and friends,” said Vice Provost for the Division of Student Affairs Charles Klink. “We have been in touch with members of our community who were closest to her to provide support during this sad time.

Students can reach University Counseling Services at VCU at 804-828-6200.

NEWS EDITOR

Fadel Allassan. Photo by Julie TrippFadel Allassan
Fadel is a junior political science major. He is fluent in English, French and Sarcasm, and he probably doesn’t like you. Fadel enjoys writing about local, regional and national politics and making people drive him to Cook-Out. Fadel is too stubborn to write his own bio, so his executive editor had to do it for him. No hard feelings, though.
Facebook | LinkedIn
allassanfg@commonwealthtimes.org