VCU names new VP for administration

Nearly five months after the university announced a decision to split the responsibilities of the Office of Finance and Administration into two separate entities, VCU officials announced the appointment of Meredith Weiss as the Vice President for Administration.

Weiss will join VCU’s administration on August 1 after serving at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill as Senior Associate Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration.

As the Vice President for Administration, Weiss will be responsible for overseeing human resources, facilities management, police, technology services, safety and risk management planning and assessment and quality improvement.

The vice president for administration is one of two roles that was created by the split of the former office of finance and administration, the other being the vice president for finance and budget.

“VCU is an exceptional university and I am honored to have been selected for this position,” Weiss said. “I welcome the opportunity to partner with those throughout the VCU community to strategically enhance our administrative enterprise into an even more effective high-performance service-oriented organization focused on supporting the university’s commitment to advancing knowledge and student success.”

Print News Editor, Fadel Allassan

Fadel Allassan, photo by Brooke MarshFadel is a sophomore print journalism major. He is fluent in English, French and Sarcasm, and he probably doesn’t like you. Fadel enjoys writing about politics and making people drive him to Cook-Out. // Facebook | LinkedIn

allassanfg@commonwealthtimes.org