VCU holds first homecoming tailgate

This year’s homecoming week week was one of firsts: the first homecoming held in the fall and the first homecoming tailgate before the men’s basketball game.

The week’s festivities started on Nov. 8 with a homecoming kick off in the student commons and continued with events every day.

Last Thursday Richmond Coliseum hosted Ram Fest, which featured JMSN, Bad Rabbits, Rae Sremmurd and PARTYNEXTDOOR.

But the festivities were all building toward the basketball games on Friday. For the first time Harrison and Marshall Streets were shut down before the men’s game to host a tailgating event with food and beer trucks, and live entertainment.

Once the game started a jumbotron was raised on Harrison Street that streamed the game live as VCU defeated Prairie View A&M University.

[espro-slider id=47189]

Print Managing Editor, Matt Leonard

11295907_825585874177601_7322101861147123120_nMatt is a senior print journalism major and political science minor graduating this December. Matt began at the CT as a contributing writer before moving up to staff writer and online news editor. Matt worked at The Denver Post with the web team as a Dow Jones News Fund digital intern last summer, and previously interned with WTVR/CBS6. // Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

leonardmt@commonwealthtimes.org

Executive Editor, Sarah King

Screen Shot 2015-11-19 at 2.18.15 AMSarah is a junior in the honors college studying political science and philosophy of law. Last spring, Sarah worked as an editorial intern for “CQ Researcher” and “SAGE Business Researcher” in Washington, D.C. Her independent work has been published on platforms including the Huffington Post, RVA Magazine and alongside her peers at Harvard, Brown and Columbia on knowyourix.org. Sarah’s primary nutrient is Redbull. // Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

kingsa@commonwealthtimes.org